Who should go on Emergency First Aid at Work – 1 Day Course?
This course is for candidates who require an Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW).
- The role of the first aider
- Communicating with a casualty
- Contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing situations and circumstances, to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- are unconscious
- require cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- are choking, wounded or bleeding
- in shock
- have minor conditions – to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns & scalds, small splinters