Health and Safety Training for Risk Assessment (1/2 day or 1 day)
- Understand current health and safety legislation relating to risk assessments and why they are so important.
- Explain how a risk assessment is carried out.
- Consider how risk assessments are involved in related working activities.
Will be based around existing good practice and related policies and procedures.
- Participative workshop
- Key messages will be delivered through facilitated activities
- A variety of training methods will be used e.g. group work, Q & A
- Experience sharing will be encourage
Course intro and aims and objectives
- The law and risk assessment
- Why risk assessments go wrong
- What is a hazard and a risk
- Families of hazards and what to look out for
- How do you gather your information
- Who should be included:
- young persons,
- pregnant workers
- Systems of assessment
- Hierarchical list of controls
- Personal protective equipment
- Practical team risk assessment exercise
Staff concerns (Question and answer session)